GAME envisions a collaborative community of educators, scientists, and concerned citizens. The group provides networking opportunities for its members, equips educators to teach marine science concepts more effectively, and celebrates the wonder of the aquatic systems of Georgia. Created by Georgia educators in 1981, GAME is a registered non-profit organization.
GAME strives to:
- Help educators motivate students using marine and water-related topics in science as well as in math, language arts, social studies, and the fine arts.
- Stimulate communication among all persons interested in preserving the marine environment.
- Provide opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Provide opportunities for the study of aquatic environments.
- Provide field trips, conferences, workshops, and access to marine resources in Georgia.
- Promote continuity between inland and coastal education and natural resource communities.
- Promote the mission and work of GAME's parent organization, National Marine Educators Association.
Get your feet wet - Get in the GAME!